Sunday, October 23, 2016

More from October 21 
   At the end of our meeting with the mayor yesterday, he said he would send me an email so that I can contact him.  I'll have to write in crude Russian or Ukrainian because he knows those languages and Yiddish.  I know none of those well and will seek help from Google translate, as well as friends.
    Here is Alex pouring over the notebook pages:

A page of the notebook:

    Here is a photo from the new part of the Shargorod cemetery:

Most of the Shargorod cemetery looks like this:




 There are homes in the area previously occupied by Jews:




Dinner at an Italian restaurant -- T'amer'o -- apparently a Ukranian take on Italian, featuring an excellent jazz pianist with singer (Sergei and Tanya), performing American standards.  Of course I had to meet them; they're eager to perform in California, where they have a friend in San Diego.



No comments:

Post a Comment